WHo we are as a COMPANY
Fama is an AI based solution that helps companies limit the incidence of sexual harassment in the workplace, and similar, crippling issues such as abusive behavior and insider threats. We do this by applying machine learning to publicly available online information and internal HR data. We have seen first-hand how these behaviors can create a toxic workplace and damage the bottom line. Our mission is to create a more productive, inclusive, and welcoming workplace while ensuring that businesses are not exposed to unnecessary brand and people risks.
At Fama, we are a team of doers. We firmly believe that any challenge is possible given the right mindset and resources. We move fast but we make decisions thoughtfully with broader impacts in mind.
Fama's cloud-based software solutions are deployed globally. We are a venture backed startup in high-growth mode and are headquartered in Playa Vista, CA.
who we are as a team
As a product team, we value candor, empathy and open communication which allows for a fast-paced work environment in which opinions are quickly voiced and mistakes are openly discussed without judgement. We take an agile approach to software development and design, ensuring that we construct the smallest experiments possible to test our hypotheses. Customer discovery and usability testing are core to our process but we also bear in mind that to build radically new solutions we will have to teach our clients to see problems differently.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
We are looking for a creative, experienced, and team-oriented individual who is hungry to lead UX/UI at a fast-growing startup. This will be our first fully dedicated design hire so there will be lots of opportunity to define the design direction of the company. You will be expected to make usability improvements to current designs and also design new enjoyable and intuitive products from scratch.
- 3+ years as a product or UX/UI designer, preferably in a B2B start-up environment.
- Experience designing complex workflows from scratch
- Be the voice of the user: conduct user research; evaluate user feedback; identify friction in the user journey; and integrate insights back into the design process.
- Produce high-level user flows and wireframes that quickly paint a picture for what needs to be built and why.
- Produce detailed designs in Sketch as well as prototypes and mock-ups in Invision, Principle (or similar).
- Know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Generate production-ready design files for handoff to the development teams.
- Possess strong visual design skills - ability to manage and evolve the company style guide and work with engineering to reduce the number of custom components that need to be built.
- Lead the production of options for A/B tests and establish which directions should be built and why.
- Work with engineering and product to track the effectiveness of product releases and A/B tests and propose changes as necessary.
- Strong understanding of HTML/CSS
Competitive salary and equity packages
Best-in-class benefits, including medical, vision, dental
Free, yummy food. Think Intelligentsia coffee. Regularly stocked fridge and pantry featuring our employee's favorites snacks and daily meal staples, as well as weekly catered meals
Unlimited Education. We offer our employees an unlimited spend on resources - be they books, bootcamps, or classes - to help improve our professional selves