Fama is cloud-based software that utilizes a person’s publicly available, online identity to help businesses hire the right people, with a major focus on increasing trust and safety.
A combination of artificial intelligence, machine learning and human-based quality assurance automatically highlights red flags…showing businesses the tweets, photos and posts that offer a revealing perspective into patterns of historical behavior.
Flags may reference bigotry, illegal drugs, discriminatory behavior—or any ‘custom attributes’ a business or institution is interested in surfacing.
At Fama, we are a team of doers. People who take pride and ownership over our role in the success of the company, people who are gung-ho about our product and our team.
We are a creative and fast-paced team. We’re focused on bringing on teammates who are perpetual learners and problem solvers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years relevant experience (linear & logistic regression, complexity, big data, MapReduce, etc)
- Scala proficiency
- Clear understanding of machine learning concepts, knowledge of machine learning libraries is not enough. The ideal candidate understands ML algorithms precisely, how they work and when to use one vs. another
- Comfortable in a team-based environment
- Dedicated to craftsmanship and product ownership
- Able to move at a fast pace
- Quick to laugh off mistakes and find solutions
- We look for engineers with a creative intellect; with end-to-end agency over design, prototyping, pushing and shipping.
- Machine Learning
- $100K – $140K
- 0.5% – 1.0%