Fama is an AI based solution that helps companies limit the incidence of sexual harassment in the workplace, and similar, crippling issues such as abusive behavior and insider threats. We do this by applying machine learning to publicly available online information and internal HR data.
We help companies align their teams around the mission and values of the organization itself. We have seen first-hand how sexual harassment, abusive behavior, and insider threats can create a toxic workplace and damage the bottom line. We can solve this by applying AI to massive, unstructured data sets. Our mission is to create a more productive and welcoming workplace while ensuring that businesses are not exposed to unnecessary risk.
Fama's cloud-based software solutions are deployed globally, with enterprise customers in the Americas, EMEA and Asia. We are a venture backed startup in high-growth mode and are headquartered in Santa Monica, CA.
At Fama, we are a team of doers. We’ve adopted a “One Fama” mentality, emphasizing our strong belief in our company’s mission and values, and our commitment to eliminating paralyzing company risks that ultimately create toxic work environments for all parties involved. We firmly believe that any challenge is possible given the right mindset and resources. We also respect the power of technology and carefully consider the impact of our decisions. As a team, we value candor, empathy and communication which allows for a fast-paced and open working environment in which opinions are quickly voiced and mistakes are openly discussed without judgement.
What you'll need to be successful
- Deep and extensive knowledge of Java. You should know the ins and outs of the language, be comfortable with the deployment and maintenance of Java web applications, and have a solid understanding of its frameworks such as Spring or other modern MVC frameworks
- Ease and agility while working with version control systems, preferably Git
- Excitement at the thought of constantly being presented with new challenges
- Experience working with Maven
- A test-driven deployment style
It would also be a huge plus if you have experience in:
We look for engineers with a creative intellect; with end-to-end agency over design, prototyping, pushing and shipping.
We also encourage a “T-shape” in all engineers. Someone who can do a number of things well, but has a very narrow and deep focus on a certain type of development. For this role, that narrow and deep focus is on NLP, pattern matching, and machine learning.
- Competitive salary and equity packages.
- Best-in-class benefits, including medical, vision, dental and a heavily discounted gym membership.
- Free, yummy food. Think French Toast for breakfast. Intelligentsia coffee. A giant candy wall.
- Unlimited Education. We offer our employees an unlimited spend on resources - be they books, bootcamps, or classes - to help improve our professional selves.
- On-site arcade. Bonus points if you can beat our CEO in pop-a-shot.