Fama is cloud-based software that utilizes a person’s publicly available, online identity to help businesses hire the right people, with a major focus on increasing trust and safety.
A combination of artificial intelligence, machine learning and human-based quality assurance automatically highlights red flags…showing businesses the tweets, photos and posts that offer a revealing perspective into patterns of historical behavior.
Flags may reference bigotry, illegal drugs, discriminatory behavior—or any ‘custom attributes’ a business or institution is interested in surfacing.
At Fama, we are a team of doers. People who take pride and ownership over our role in the success of the company, people who are gung-ho about our product and our team.
We are a creative and fast-paced team. We’re focused on bringing on teammates who are perpetual learners and problem solvers.
- 5+ years of experience working for venture-backed startups
- 3+ years experience in developing NLP and ML products
- Personal or professional java experience
- Comfortable in a team-based environment
- Dedicated to craftsmanship and product ownership
- Able to move at a fast pace
- Quick to laugh off mistakes and find solutions
We look for engineers with a creative intellect; with end-to-end agency over design, prototyping, pushing and shipping.
We also encourage a “T-shape” in all engineers. Someone who can do a number of things well, but has a very narrow and deep focus on a certain type of development. For this role, that narrow and deep focus is on NLP, pattern matching, and machine learning.
- Machine Learning
- Big Data
- RESTful Services
- Natural Language Processing
- Graph Database
- $100K – $140K
- 0.5% – 1.0%